Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Answering The Tough Questions?

For the second time this school year we find ourselves asking the tough questions. Why? Why? What next? In less than one hour I will have to face my group of first graders and somehow answer their questions. It will be my job to reassure them and let them know they are safe. But I have to ask myself is anyone safe anymore? Both these tragedies hit me very hard. Next to my family ~ first graders and runners/spectators are my favorite people. Why would anyone want to hurt them? First graders are so full of life wanting to explore and learn with smiles on their faces. Runners and their families are celebrating life every time they run. A finish line is the happiest place on Earth, especially if you've just completed a long distance. I am very sad that fear has crept into schools and finish lines:( I have seen what the loss of a child does to a family and it is not good. I hope and pray these tragedies caused by people end and that somehow, someway as an educator I am able to promote peace.
To all those directly impacted by tragedy my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.
Melonheadz Illustrations
has created this amazing illustration which shows exactly how I, and I'm sure many others feel.
Thank you for this beautiful tribute to all those touched by the sadness in Boston.
.
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Beautifully phrased and I am certain that you will be measured in any responses you will asked to make, your reassurances will be thoughtful and full of care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote that so eloquently! I have run several races and been a spectator at many more and can't even begin to fathom how such a senseless tragedy can take place. Fortunately none of my students have mentioned it, as I feel it is a topic best addressed by parents.
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is comforting to know there are wonderful people like you in the world.

      Delete
  3. Your students are surely blessed by having such a wonderful and thoughtful teacher. Thank you so much for being my friend.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a friend ~ friends are what bring us through the rough patches.

      Delete
  4. Woww, your blog is very cute and sweet. I love it. Kisses from Spain

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Maria. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to all those affected by this terrible act.
    Kaitlin & Christine
    K&C Love Grade 3

    ReplyDelete